When shopping for a free standing wood burning stove, many people told us how much they loved our Kimberly™ wood stove, but needed a bigger wood stove for their bigger home.
Just like Kimberly™, Katydid™ will allow you to heat, cook, bake, generate electricity, heat water, and create light with optional wood stove accessories coming soon.
Kill your heating bill with a Katydid™ wood stove!
- Approved for use in a home or mobile home in the United States and Canada
- Slim 12-inch square profile
- Approved for just 21 inches of side clearance without use of reflector panels
- Heats bigger spaces, up to 2,000 square feet or more of well-insulated space
- Semi-portable, weighs just 150 pounds
- Perfect for emergency preparedness
- Saves hundreds of $$$ in installation costs with a unique venting system
- Easy installation for the Do-It-Yourself-er
- Cook top surface for on-grid or off-grid cooking
- Optional accessories will generate electricity, bake, and heat water
Ultra efficient and clean
- EPA-certified and CSA-certified at 1.9 grams/hour emissions
- Exceeds the new EPA emissions standards for the year 2020
- Exceeds the emission standards for Fairbanks, Alaska and Washington state
- Burns up to 10 hours (coal bed to coal bed) on a single load, providing a good night’s sleep
- Made in America from domestically produced steel, black powder-coat finish
- Designed for many years of trouble-free service
- Five-year, non-prorated warranty
Price & Value
TOTAL installation costs are similar to a $2,000 wood stove:
|$2050 BRAND "X" Wood Stove||$3995 KATYDID™ Wood Stove|
|$1600 Class-A Chimney Pipe († Estimated)||$650 Chimney Pipe († Estimated)|
|$500 Floor Pad (Estimated)||$100 Floor Pad (Estimated)|
|$450 Shipping & Handling (Estimated)||$300 Shipping & Handling|
|$4600 TOTAL Investment||$5045 TOTAL Investment|
† Estimated costs for a single story residential application. Actual costs will vary according to the construction of your home and placement of your stove. Expect to incur additional costs for a 1-1/2 story or 2 story installation.
(††) Residents of AK and HI should request a shipping quote.